- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Blackened Spice Mix
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 Tblsp. minced onion from a jar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 6 slices thick rye bread
- blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Burger condiments of your choice
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- My Note: I used my blender to make this and I also bought Maytag Blue Cheese crumbles and it is delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk to thin
- Form burgers into 1/3 pound patties and chill. Mix ingredients for blackened spice together and dredge burgers in mixture until nicely coated. Grill burgers about 3-4 minutes a side for medium.
- After you remove the burgers from the grill, place the rye bread on the grill and grill 2-4 minutes per side until bread is crispy. Remove.
- Assemble burgers on bread and add blue cheese dressing. Top with tomato, onion or any topping you like! End with crumbles of blue cheese on top.
- Pour mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender. Blend to desired "chunkiness".
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Add just enough milk to make it the thickness you prefer. It will not thicken during chilling.
- Chill several hours.
NotesHere I go again making something to go with Deb's blue cheese dressing! Thanks again Deb, it is wonderful! The burgers aren't really to spicy! They have a little kick to them but the blue cheese cools that kick off! We love spicy and we could of had these alot more spicy and if you'd like more spice just add some more cajun seasoning! We love rye bread and eat these open faced but I'm sure it would be just as good on a bun!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More