CAJUN BLACK & BLUE BURGERS ON GRILLED RYE
Cajun Black & Blue Burgers On Grilled Rye
- Servings: 6
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Blackened Spice Mix
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 Tblsp. minced onion from a jar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 6 slices thick rye bread
- blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Burger condiments of your choice
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- My Note: I used my blender to make this and I also bought Maytag Blue Cheese crumbles and it is delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk to thin
Form burgers into 1/3 pound patties and chill. Mix ingredients for blackened spice together and dredge burgers in mixture until nicely coated. Grill burgers about 3-4 minutes a side for medium.
After you remove the burgers from the grill, place the rye bread on the grill and grill 2-4 minutes per side until bread is crispy. Remove.
Assemble burgers on bread and add blue cheese dressing. Top with tomato, onion or any topping you like! End with crumbles of blue cheese on top.
Pour mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender. Blend to desired "chunkiness".
Stir in remaining ingredients. Add just enough milk to make it the thickness you prefer. It will not thicken during chilling.
Chill several hours.