- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound linguine pasta
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onion, minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 4 servings
- Can use 1/2 and 1/2 instead of heavy cream.
- If it looks soupy, you can add 2 tbsp cornstarch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More