- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- 2 T. milk
- 1 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus 1/4 c.
- 1 - 6 oz. can crab meat
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, add milk, and Cajun seasoning, 1/4 t salt, 1/4 t pepper, and 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil and garlic, add shallots. Simmer until slightly browned.
- Add crab meat, cayenne, salt, pepper. Cook until fragrant, 4-5 min.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add crab mixture to cream cheese mixture, beat until combined.
- Put dip in a pie dish and sprinkle w/ 1/4 c. parmesan cheese. bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 min.
NotesTo make festive looking, serve with colored tortilla chips or sourdough bread pieces...This is GREAT!