- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ribs chopped celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 lb chopped okra
- 8 oz veggie broth
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can of tomatoes, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 chicken andouille sausages
- 1 lb shrimp (I used frozen pre-cooked, but the recipe works the same with raw - just make sure they're peeled and deveined)
- 3 tsp tabasco
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1/4 cup veg oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook for 9 minutes, or until tender. Remove from pot and place in bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup veg oil in same pot over medium heat. Add okra. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add cooked veggies, veggie broth, creole seasoning, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Brown chicken and sausage in a separate pan, then add to gumbo with shrimp and let simmer 8 minutes.
- Add tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More