- 2 ribs chopped celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 lb chopped okra
- 8 oz veggie broth
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can of tomatoes, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 chicken andouille sausages
- 1 lb shrimp (I used frozen pre-cooked, but the recipe works the same with raw - just make sure they're peeled and deveined)
- 3 tsp tabasco
- salt and pepper
Heat 1/4 cup veg oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook for 9 minutes, or until tender. Remove from pot and place in bowl.
Heat 1/4 cup veg oil in same pot over medium heat. Add okra. Cook for 25 minutes.
Add cooked veggies, veggie broth, creole seasoning, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
Brown chicken and sausage in a separate pan, then add to gumbo with shrimp and let simmer 8 minutes.
Add tabasco, salt and pepper.
Serve hot with white rice.