- Cooking Time: 100
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 120
- 1 lbs cubed boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound cubed boneless boston butt pork roast
- 1 pound sliced smoked sausage
- 4 ribs of celery diced
- 4 white onions peeled and diced
- 4 bell peppers cleaned and diced
- 4 cups extra long grain white rice
- 1 bundle green onions
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- white pepper
- ground cayenne
- in a heavy bottom dutch oven (preferrably 8 qt. black iron pot) add cubed pork and fry meat till it starts to brown and render fat.
- add cubed chicken and stir into pork and fry untill light brown
- add sliced sausage and fry until all meats are dark golden brown, moisture is cooked out and the fats and meat begin sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- It is important to stir but let your meat caramelize and stick to the bottom of the pot but not burn.
- once your meats are caramelized use a slotted spoon and remove the caramelized meats and set aside.
- turn heat up to med-hi and add all of your diced vegetables except the green onions.
- Friy the vegetables on the oil left from the meat. once the vegetables begin sweating, it will pull the "Gratin" color from the bottom of the pot . continue to saute until all vegetables are completely wilted and extremely dark (almost black) in color.
- add your meats back to your sauteed vegetables.
- add in 7-1/2 cups of water
- bring your pot to a boil
- add seasoning to taste (I would use 2 tblsp each of salt, black pepper,garlic powder, and 1 tblsp of cayenne and white pepper)
- allow mixture to boil for approx. 15 minutes.
- add your rice leaving uncovered and stirring occasionally until it returns to a boil.
- add diced green onion tops
- reduce the heat to low cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until rice is fluffy but not sticky. Do not stir wile simmering.
- once rice is done, turn off heat and fold together.
NotesThis version of Jambalaya is suitable for a standard 5qt dutch oven able to be cooked in the home! You can use all the meats as a combo or choose one of the meats to go with your sausage.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
The One Dollar Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More