- Cooking Time: 6-8 Hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small green pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, while pepper and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4lbs)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- Finely chop vegetables.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in seasonings and pepper sauce.
- Cut roast in half.
- Cut several slits in roast to within 1/2 inch of bottom.
- Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Spoon onion mixture between slits and over the top of meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with roast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More