- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 65
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4 white onions diced
- 4 bell peppers cleaned diced
- 1 bundle of celery diced
- 1 bundle of green onions
- 1 pound of 80/20 ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- 1 pound chicken livers
- cayenne pepper
- celery salt
- cook white rice as directed and set aside to cool
- in a stock pot place a small amount of celery, bell pepper and onions and approx 6 cups of water.
- add 1 tsp of salt , pepper , cayenne, chicken gizzards and livers.
- boil for approx. 1 hour. then strain and retain stock.
- clean and dice finely gizzards and livers.
- in a dutch oven, add ground beef and pork and fry down until all moisture is cooked out.
- add the remaining celery, bell pepper, and onions.
- contnue browning until vegetables are wilted.
- once vegetables are wilted, add in diced gizzards and livers and 2 cups of the retained stock.
- salt, pepper, cayenne and celery salt to taste
- lower heat and simmer covered for another hour
- once meat mixture is tender add in cooled and cooked rice
- fold together, use desired amount of remaining stock mixture to give the consistency of a moist casserole.
- fold in diced green onions and bake in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Lau Family Recipes
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More