- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced bell pepper strips
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- penne pasta
- shredded italian cheese blend for garnish
- -- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- -- In bowl, season raw shrimp with all the seasonings; set aside.
- -- In a shallow pan, saute garlic and onion in some cooking oil.
- -- Add shrimp and cooked it it starts to turn pink.
- -- Add tomato sauce and paste. Stir.
- -- Season with salt & pepper to tastes.
- -- Add bell pepper strips. Cook through.
- -- When pasta is cooked & drained, add to pan.
- -- Toss to combine. Plate & garnish with cheese.
NotesHere's a recipe that has a slight heat to it, but doesn't sting! I like cajun food and this recipe uses shrimp, a favorite food of my husbands!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More