- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced bell pepper strips
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- penne pasta
- shredded italian cheese blend for garnish
- -- Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
- -- In bowl, season raw shrimp with all the seasonings; set aside.
- -- In a shallow pan, saute garlic and onion in some cooking oil.
- -- Add shrimp and cooked it it starts to turn pink.
- -- Add tomato sauce and paste. Stir.
- -- Season with salt & pepper to tastes.
- -- Add bell pepper strips. Cook through.
- -- When pasta is cooked & drained, add to pan.
- -- Toss to combine. Plate & garnish with cheese.
NotesHere's a recipe that has a slight heat to it, but doesn't sting! I like cajun food and this recipe uses shrimp, a favorite food of my husbands!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More