- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped - optional
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne - optional
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 can whole, peeled tomatoes, chopped including juice
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 1 Tbls dijon mustard (Must use DIJON mustard)
- 1.5 to 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 lg head garlic, horizontally split in half
- 4 med potatoes
- soy milk (or skim milk or whatever)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350. I always drizzle garlic with a tiny bit of oil to keep it from burning. I know this is a no-no for this list, but it such a small amount it's like using cooking spray. Cover tightly with
- foil and bake 30-40 min. Let cool until easy to handle (can be done a day before). Squeeze out garlic. This is your flavor and butter substitute.
- Cover potatoes with water (peeled and chopped--however many potatoes you'd like) and bring to a boil. Cook 20-30 mins until fork tender. Drain, reserving water. Mash potatoes with soy milk and
- garlic, adding enough potato water back in to bring it to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sautee onions and garlic until soft, then do the same with the celery and bell peppers. Add the spices and cook until the onions are golden. Add all other ingredients except the peas and simmer for 5
- minutes, covered.
- Add the peas and cook until the peas are heated. Pour your bean mixture in the bottom of a bread loaf pan. Spoon mashed potatoes on top. Bake at 400 deg for 15 minutes.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More