- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box cake, your choice of flavour
- 1 tub of store bought frosting, choose flavour accordingly
- almond bark
- Make whatever flavour box cake according to directions, in a 9X13 pan. Let cool.
- Tear up cake and put in a BIG bowl. Now you add a tub of store bought frosting, choose flavour accordingly. Of course,
- chocolate with chocolate, white with white, cream cheese with yellow, etc. Let your imagination and your taste be your guide!
- Squish your frosting into your torn up cake til it's like a play-doh consistency, and cake and frosting are evenly mixed.
- Now, you take and either make balls with your hands, or whatever size scoop you want. Set them to dry for a bit on wax paper, some folks leave overnight, I just do a few hours. Melt almond bark in a fair sized bowl in the microwave til melted, white or chocolate, whatever your preference is. Dip cakeballs into melted bark and set on wax paper to dry. Some times we take a little frosting, thin it out a bit, and put in a sandwich bag, cut a corner off, and squeeze a pretty squiggly pattern on each cake ball. Mind you cannot refrigerate or the almond bark will melt and ruin your product. Store loosely covered, they will keep a few days. These are a runaway hit at teas, wedding receptions, etc. And great for bake sales!