- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. yellow cake mix
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- 1. First we are going to make some butter cream chips to add to the ice cream. Beat the butter until it becomes soft and creamy. Begin adding the powdered sugar and salt. You shouldn’t need any milk because the butter cream should be really creamy at this point. But if it is still a little thick add a teaspoon of milk at a time until it becomes creamy.
- 2. Take a baking sheet and line it with wax or parchment paper. With a spoon make small dollops of the butter cream on the baking sheet and once the baking sheet is full place in the freezer for 20 minutes. Use all of the butter cream mixture.
- 3. Once all of the butter cream is frozen, chop them up into med sized chunks, place them in a bowl, and put back into the freezer until we are ready to put them in the ice cream mixture.
- 4. In a large bowl, pour in the sweetened condensed milk and the cake mix. Stir until the cake batter is well incorporated in the condensed milk and add the salt.
- 5. Begin to whip the whipping cream until you develop firm peaks. You can place the bowl in the refrigerator and this will help speed up the process. Once the whipping cream is firm, gently fold the cream into condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula. Do not stir heavily because the cream will deflate. Once the cream has been folded into the condensed milk mixture, begin to fold in the butter cream chips as well. Add the sprinkles last if you wish.
- 6. Turn the ice cream mixture to a large Tupper Ware container and freeze overnight.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More