- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups finely crumbled cake crumbs
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar (depending on how sweet the cake crumbs are)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sultanas (golden raisins)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Flaked almonds and more caster sugar for the top
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix together the cake crumbs and the eggs, then stir in the cream till well combined. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the walnuts and sultanas and mix till well combined, then spoon into ramekins till 2/3 full and sprinkle flaked almonds and caster sugar on top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or till a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit before pouring over some cream to be absorbed by the still-warm cakes. Enjoy with a pot of herbal tea to make up for the giant calorie injection you're about to have
- Read more about how this recipe came to be on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
NotesNow this was more of an act of desperation than a recipe as I made it while trying to find a way to use up some rather dry pieces of a genoise sponge that I'd baked...but its a great way to bring life back to a few pieces of stale cake that you might have lying around!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More