- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, and let stand for 3 minutes. Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil, and salt; beat well. Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead on well floured surface for about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the dough surface. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Punch down, and divide into two equal parts. Roll out each section on a lightly floured surface. Spread each with softened butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up like jelly rolls and cut buns 1 1/2 inches thick with a piece of dental floss or a dull knife. Place in greased baking pans, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, vanilla, and milk. Remove baked buns from oven and drizzle with frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Jean’s Recipe File
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More