- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, and let stand for 3 minutes. Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil, and salt; beat well. Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead on well floured surface for about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the dough surface. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Punch down, and divide into two equal parts. Roll out each section on a lightly floured surface. Spread each with softened butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up like jelly rolls and cut buns 1 1/2 inches thick with a piece of dental floss or a dull knife. Place in greased baking pans, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, vanilla, and milk. Remove baked buns from oven and drizzle with frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More