- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: makes 6 servings
- Preparation Time: about 10
- 1 Medium White Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/3 C. Kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 1 C. Chopped oranges, peeled
- 1 C. Sliced strawberries
- 2T. Lime juice
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Make six cake slices.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate the salsa topping about 2 hours.
- Stir topping before serving.
- Spoon chilled salsa topping over the cake slices.
NotesI found this recipe on a folded sheet of paper, inside of an old vintage purse I bought at a yard sale. It was in Bayou La Batra, Ala in 1985 during my 5th grade spring vacation. Didn't even know the recipe was inside the purse until we got home! I asked Grandma if we could try to 'make it'...she said if I wanted to..go ahead. So I did...needless to say...but I will...It became quite a hit with the family!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More