- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: makes 6 servings
- Preparation Time: about 10
- 1 Medium White Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/3 C. Kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 1 C. Chopped oranges, peeled
- 1 C. Sliced strawberries
- 2T. Lime juice
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Make six cake slices.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate the salsa topping about 2 hours.
- Stir topping before serving.
- Spoon chilled salsa topping over the cake slices.
NotesI found this recipe on a folded sheet of paper, inside of an old vintage purse I bought at a yard sale. It was in Bayou La Batra, Ala in 1985 during my 5th grade spring vacation. Didn't even know the recipe was inside the purse until we got home! I asked Grandma if we could try to 'make it'...she said if I wanted to..go ahead. So I did...needless to say...but I will...It became quite a hit with the family!