- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 med onion (cut up how ever you want...dice, sliced...whatever)
- 4 med. zucchini cut up how ever you want
- 1 - 12 oz can niblet corn, drained
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chillies or 2 fresh peeled chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, saute the onion, garlic and zucchini in oil.
- Mix in the corn, chilies and salt. Cover and heat through.
- Mix in cheese and serve
NotesThere are a lot of recipes out there for enchiladas, burritos, tacos, salsa....etc. Have you ever tried finding a Mexican vegetable side dish? I searched all over the place today looking for one. Calabacitas means zucchini. And this is a really good recipe if you want something different than the "norm". I found it on a Cooks.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
My Family CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More