- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lb cleaned squid
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash salt, pepper
- 1 cup sweet onion, thily sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber or red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro or basil
- Rinse squid under cold water then pat dry between paper towels.
- Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies into 1/3 inch rings.
- Cook squid in 6 qt. pot of boiling salted water uncovered, until just opaque.
- About 40 to 60 seconds.
- Drain in colander and transfer to bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- When cool, drain and pat dry.
- Whisk together lemon, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir in onion and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine squid, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and herbs in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and season.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
NotesMay change recipe to Asian by leaving out the cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, adding a cooked noodle, and flavoring with with rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, fish sauce, and sesame seeds. Add cashews or peanuts if you like.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More