- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lb cleaned squid
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lrg cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash salt, pepper
- 1 cup sweet onion, thily sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber or red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro or basil
- Rinse squid under cold water then pat dry between paper towels.
- Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies into 1/3 inch rings.
- Cook squid in 6 qt. pot of boiling salted water uncovered, until just opaque.
- About 40 to 60 seconds.
- Drain in colander and transfer to bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- When cool, drain and pat dry.
- Whisk together lemon, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir in onion and let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine squid, olives, tomatoes, cucumber and herbs in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and season.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
NotesMay change recipe to Asian by leaving out the cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, adding a cooked noodle, and flavoring with with rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, chili oil, fish sauce, and sesame seeds. Add cashews or peanuts if you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More