- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 quarts cold water
- 6 ounces linguica sausage (I used turkey sausage), thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound kale, rinsed and julienned
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes more. Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has released most of its fat, 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mash potatoes or puree the potato mixture with a blender or food processor. Stir the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, 5 minutes, until kale is tender and jade green. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve at once.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More