- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 large Fresh California Avocado
- 2 loaves naan bread, (about 3 ounces each)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1. Rub both sides of beef steak with 1 teaspoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Cut bottom and top off orange. Remove remaining skin from orange; cut into segments; reserve. Cut avocado in half; remove pit, but do not peel. Squeeze juice from two cut ends of orange over cut sides of avocado, then brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
- 3. Brush both sides of naan bread with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- 4. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. During last 2 to 3 minutes of grilling, place avocado, cut side down, and naan bread on grill; turn bread once.
- 5. Meanwhile, toss salad greens with remaining olive oil and pepper. Add orange segments
- to salad. Remove skin from grilled avocado. Cut avocado into slices; add to salad and toss gently. Carve steak into thin slices; place on top of salad. Cut naan into wedges; arrange around salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More