- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 3 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 1 pound boneless beef tri-tip steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, sliced
- 16 white corn tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 1/3 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1. Cut one orange in half; squeeze juice from one half to measure about 3 tablespoons. For dressing, combine juice, olive oil and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning in small bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- 2. Rub beef steak on both sides with remaining jerk seasoning.
- 3. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill steak, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak diagonally into thin slices.
- 4. Meanwhile, peel remaining orange and orange half; cut into sections. Place in medium bowl with arugula and avocado. Add dressing; toss gently.
- 5. Stack two tortillas for each taco. Top one side of tortillas with beef slices, arugula-avocado mixture and cashews; fold in half. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition information per serving: 635 calories; 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 15 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 355 mg sodium; 68 g carbohydrate; 12.8 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.2 mcg vitamin B12; 2.7 mg iron; 29.2 mcg selenium; 5.2 mg zinc; 110.0 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of iron.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
50 Shades of Taste
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More