- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and matchsticked
- 4-5 crab sticks
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Pickled ginger, for serving
- Wasabi paste, for serving
- Lite soy sauce, for serving
- Nori (seaweed)
- 1 recipe sushi rice
- Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic covered mat.
- Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori.
- Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
- Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
- Place cucumber strips, avocado and crab in the center of the sheet.
- Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
- Pull away the mat and set aside.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Repeat until all of the rice has been used.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Notes"Sushi-lite" is how we refer to my husband's standard order of California Rolls. We started making sushi at home for a way to get my husband's hands dirty in the kitchen:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More