- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and matchsticked
- 4-5 crab sticks
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Pickled ginger, for serving
- Wasabi paste, for serving
- Lite soy sauce, for serving
- Nori (seaweed)
- 1 recipe sushi rice
- Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic covered mat.
- Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori.
- Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
- Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
- Place cucumber strips, avocado and crab in the center of the sheet.
- Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
- Pull away the mat and set aside.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Repeat until all of the rice has been used.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Notes"Sushi-lite" is how we refer to my husband's standard order of California Rolls. We started making sushi at home for a way to get my husband's hands dirty in the kitchen:
Simple Recipes that Work
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More