- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4-1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and matchsticked
- 4-5 crab sticks
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Pickled ginger, for serving
- Wasabi paste, for serving
- Lite soy sauce, for serving
- Nori (seaweed)
- 1 recipe sushi rice
- Cover a bamboo rolling mat with plastic wrap. Cut nori sheets in half crosswise.
- Lay 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the plastic covered mat.
- Wet your fingers with water and spread about 1/2 cup of the rice evenly onto the nori.
- Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
- Turn the sheet of nori over so that the rice side is down.
- Place cucumber strips, avocado and crab in the center of the sheet.
- Grab the edge of the mat closest to you, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers, and roll it into a tight cylinder, using the mat to shape the cylinder.
- Pull away the mat and set aside.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Repeat until all of the rice has been used.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
- Serve with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
Notes"Sushi-lite" is how we refer to my husband's standard order of California Rolls. We started making sushi at home for a way to get my husband's hands dirty in the kitchen:
Great Everyday Meals
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More