CALIFORNIA SHELLS ON THE SIDE
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups (8 oz.) RONZONI Large or Medium Shells, uncooked
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli and sweet red pepper to pasta cooking water during last 2 minutes.
Drain pasta and vegetables.
In non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine; add garlic and dried red pepper.
Cook 1 minute; do not brown.
Toss hot pasta and vegetables with garlic mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Salt to taste.
6 servings (about 1 cup each).
Developed and Tested by the Ronzoni Kitchens