- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 calzones
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2 slices of onion (diced)
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1lb Italian sausage (cooked)
- 1 small package sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- butter (melted, for brushing)
- To make the dough- dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water. In a large bowl mix sugar, oil, salt, and flour. Add water/yeast mixture and mix together until smooth. Knead well and cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- While dough is resting. In a separate bowl mix mushrooms, green pepper, Italian sausage, onion, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, and pepperoni.
- Split the dough in half and roll out each half on a flour surface into a 10” circle. Place 1-2 cups of sauce in the center of each circle of dough. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold over and crimp shut. Place calzones on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees. After 15 minutes into the baking remove from the oven and brush lightly with melted butter. Return calzones to the oven and allow them to finish cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More