- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C. Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Shortening
- 1 1/3 C. Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the shortening and using a pastry cutter cut the shortening into the dough so it's pea sized pieces.
- Make a well and add the buttermilk and fold until mostly doughy.
- Sprinkle your counter and rolling pin with flour. Knead the dough till it sticks together, but is still slightly sticky.
- Roll out dough until 1/2 inch thick, and use a cookie or biscuit cutter to cut it all out. Don't Over Handle! Or they will get tough!
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees, or until golden brown.
NotesThis is a recipe for biscuits that my family and I made all summer for a camp, years ago, thus the reason why they are called Camp Biscuits. These biscuits are great for Strawberry Shortcake or they are just great on their own with some butter and jam.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Get Fit With Good Food!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More