- Cooking Time: 50 min/10 min Stand Time
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11 x 8-inch (2-quart) shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken. Season the chicken as desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375°F. for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with cheese. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir rice before serving.
- Try It Alfredo: Use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with soup. Use broccoli flowerets for vegetables. Top chicken with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Trim It Down: Use Campbell's® 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
- Mexican: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for Cheddar.
- Italian: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for Cheddar.
NotesI found this recipe in my Sunset magazine and LOVED it. Everytime I make it there is NEVER any leftovers. Just make sure you cover it and check the rice before pulling it out I've had a few time where it was a little chewy. :) ENJOY
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More