- Cooking Time: 50 min/10 min Stand Time
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11 x 8-inch (2-quart) shallow baking dish.
- Top with the chicken. Season the chicken as desired. Cover.
- Bake at 375°F. for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with cheese. Let casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir rice before serving.
- Try It Alfredo: Use 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with soup. Use broccoli flowerets for vegetables. Top chicken with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Trim It Down: Use Campbell's® 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.
- Mexican: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for Cheddar.
- Italian: In place of onion powder and pepper use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for Cheddar.
NotesI found this recipe in my Sunset magazine and LOVED it. Everytime I make it there is NEVER any leftovers. Just make sure you cover it and check the rice before pulling it out I've had a few time where it was a little chewy. :) ENJOY