- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 pound skinless, boneless
- chicken breast meat - cubed
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced
- fresh mushrooms
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded
- and sliced into strips 1 red bell pepper, seeded and
- sliced into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 small potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1. In a large bowl, or a large zip-top bag, combine the chicken, onion, mushrooms, yellow pepper, red pepper, garlic, and potatoes. Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice, then mix well.
- 2. Evenly divide the mixture between 4 large sheets of aluminum foil. Top each with another sheet of foil, and roll up the edges tightly. Wrap each packet again, securely in another sheet of foil to double wrap.
- 3. Cook in the hot coals of a campfire until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender, around 40 minutes.
Notes"Chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, and peppers are wrapped in aluminum foil for one-dish meals cooked in a campfire! You can use any combination of meat and vegetables that you like."
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More