- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 whole onions (sweet if available)
- 1 lb of ground beef (can substitute canned corn beef hash if desired)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the center layers out of the onions - save the tops.
- Fill the onion with the ground beef or corn beef hash to within 1/2 in of the top of the onion.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of cheese in each onion.
- Place the tops back on the onions.
- Carefully place the onions in burning coals.
- Then build up the coals around and on top of the onions.
- Let cook about 30 minutes.
- When finished peel off the outer skin and enjoy.
NotesTry this amazing meal on your next trip. It will be sure to fill you up!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More