- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 whole onions (sweet if available)
- 1 lb of ground beef (can substitute canned corn beef hash if desired)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the center layers out of the onions - save the tops.
- Fill the onion with the ground beef or corn beef hash to within 1/2 in of the top of the onion.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of cheese in each onion.
- Place the tops back on the onions.
- Carefully place the onions in burning coals.
- Then build up the coals around and on top of the onions.
- Let cook about 30 minutes.
- When finished peel off the outer skin and enjoy.
NotesTry this amazing meal on your next trip. It will be sure to fill you up!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Lau Family RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More