- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- With a potato masher, mash vegetables several times.
- Add bacon; continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Add vegetable mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; add cheese and pepper.
- Stir just until cheese is melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
NFPG Recipe Collection
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More