- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- With a potato masher, mash vegetables several times.
- Add bacon; continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Add vegetable mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; add cheese and pepper.
- Stir just until cheese is melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More