- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, trimmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- With a potato masher, mash vegetables several times.
- Add bacon; continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Add vegetable mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; add cheese and pepper.
- Stir just until cheese is melted.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More