Canadian Maple Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons Canadian pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick-cooking oats is best)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius/345 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Beat lightly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to wet mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a greased (or parchment paper covered) cookie sheet.
- Bake in centre of the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on a rack and cool for 5 minutes.
Pairs Well With
We love this receipe because it's from our Nanna's special recipe box and she makes it just for us, every summer we go back to Canada.
Submitted by: "The Coffeng Family"