- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (use egg beaters to make it healthier)
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. bran or fiber (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately w/ juice.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few min., then move to cooling rack.
NotesThese are mine and my mothers favorite muffins. We make these about every other week or 3 weeks. They usually taste better the day after you make them because the flavor soaks in.
Using eggbeaters, wheat flour and fiber makes this a healthier muffin; about 4 grams of fat per muffin
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More