- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (use egg beaters to make it healthier)
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. bran or fiber (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cranberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately w/ juice.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few min., then move to cooling rack.
NotesThese are mine and my mothers favorite muffins. We make these about every other week or 3 weeks. They usually taste better the day after you make them because the flavor soaks in.
Using eggbeaters, wheat flour and fiber makes this a healthier muffin; about 4 grams of fat per muffin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More