- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup chopped onions or scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can of tomato sauce, 8-ounce size
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, combine scallions, parsley, garlic and oil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the scallions are tender.
- Stir in the corn and cook, stirring, until the corn is heated through.
- Stir in the cooked rice, cilantro, tomato sauce, chili powder, thyme, and pepper.
- Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More