- Servings: 5
- 3/4 cup chopped onions or scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can of tomato sauce, 8-ounce size
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, combine scallions, parsley, garlic and oil.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the scallions are tender.
Stir in the corn and cook, stirring, until the corn is heated through.
Stir in the cooked rice, cilantro, tomato sauce, chili powder, thyme, and pepper.
Simmer and cook for 5 minutes.