- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Peel (no pith) from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1/2 a beet, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of water
- In a pot of cold water, add the peel and bring to a boil. Discard the water and add new cold water and bring it to a boil again. Repeat this two more times (a total of four) to remove any bitterness.
- Boil the beet matchsticks for 3 minutes to soften them a bit.
- Boil the sugar and water together to make a simple syrup. Add the peel and let boil until slightly translucent. Add the beet sticks and boil for 2 minutes.
- Let them cool and dry. Roll in sugar if desired.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More