- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Peel (no pith) from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1/2 a beet, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of water
- In a pot of cold water, add the peel and bring to a boil. Discard the water and add new cold water and bring it to a boil again. Repeat this two more times (a total of four) to remove any bitterness.
- Boil the beet matchsticks for 3 minutes to soften them a bit.
- Boil the sugar and water together to make a simple syrup. Add the peel and let boil until slightly translucent. Add the beet sticks and boil for 2 minutes.
- Let them cool and dry. Roll in sugar if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More