- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Peel (no pith) from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1/2 a beet, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of water
- In a pot of cold water, add the peel and bring to a boil. Discard the water and add new cold water and bring it to a boil again. Repeat this two more times (a total of four) to remove any bitterness.
- Boil the beet matchsticks for 3 minutes to soften them a bit.
- Boil the sugar and water together to make a simple syrup. Add the peel and let boil until slightly translucent. Add the beet sticks and boil for 2 minutes.
- Let them cool and dry. Roll in sugar if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Christmas CookiesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More