- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line baking sheet with foil or wax paper. Set aside
- In a medium skillet combine all ingredients over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Once sugar has started to melt reduce to low heat and continue cooking until sugar is bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet. Let cool and break apart clusters.
- *Note: This recipe would also be great with a bit of cinnamon added.
NotesAs a southern girl I grew up with a huge Pecan tree in the backyard, so from a young age I grew to love pecans. I find they are best roasted in a bit of oil and salted. This recipe for candied pecans is a close second. As soon as these were done I could hardly stop eating them.
If you prefer you could use a mixed variety, whichever you choose make sure the nuts are unsalted. This recipe is a great holiday gift giving idea.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More