- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line baking sheet with foil or wax paper. Set aside
- In a medium skillet combine all ingredients over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Once sugar has started to melt reduce to low heat and continue cooking until sugar is bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Pour mixture onto lined baking sheet. Let cool and break apart clusters.
- *Note: This recipe would also be great with a bit of cinnamon added.
NotesAs a southern girl I grew up with a huge Pecan tree in the backyard, so from a young age I grew to love pecans. I find they are best roasted in a bit of oil and salted. This recipe for candied pecans is a close second. As soon as these were done I could hardly stop eating them.
If you prefer you could use a mixed variety, whichever you choose make sure the nuts are unsalted. This recipe is a great holiday gift giving idea.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More