- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 large bag of halved pecans or 1 ½ cups of halved pecans
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cups of brown sugar (light or dark)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay out all pecans and bake for about 10 minutes or until the pecans become fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring maple syrup and 1/3 cup of water to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add brown sugar and mix completely.
- Add pecans to pot and coat each pecan with the sugar mixture.
- Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated and stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Lightly oil wax paper with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick aluminum foil.
- Transfer pecans to wax paper or foil and lay pecans flat.
- Allow pecans to completely settle, cool, and harden before eating.
- Pecans pair well with vanilla ice cream!
NotesCompliments from my sister.
Breads and Pastry 101
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More