- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 large bag of halved pecans or 1 ½ cups of halved pecans
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cups of brown sugar (light or dark)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay out all pecans and bake for about 10 minutes or until the pecans become fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring maple syrup and 1/3 cup of water to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add brown sugar and mix completely.
- Add pecans to pot and coat each pecan with the sugar mixture.
- Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated and stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Lightly oil wax paper with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick aluminum foil.
- Transfer pecans to wax paper or foil and lay pecans flat.
- Allow pecans to completely settle, cool, and harden before eating.
- Pecans pair well with vanilla ice cream!
NotesCompliments from my sister.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More