CANDY BAR CAKE
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup Dove dark chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 8 (2.08 ounce each) dark chocolate milky way bars
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan.
In a large microwave-proof bowl, add butter, dark chocolate ice cream topping, and candy bars.
Microwave for 4 minutes on 50% power. Stir at 2 minutes.
Whisk until smooth at the end of 4 minutes. While this is happening... In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
Whisk in chocolate mixture.
In a medium sized bowl, sift together the following ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Fold in the dry ingredients in 3 batches.
Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
Tap pan on counter three times to release air bubbles.
Place batter in oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Do not overbake.
Let cool 10 minutes in pan.
Take a wooden skewer and poke holes over top of cake.
Pour chocolate syrup over cake.
Let rest for 10 minutes.
Turn cake out of pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Cut cake when it is completely cool.