- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup Dove dark chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 8 (2.08 ounce each) dark chocolate milky way bars
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup tube pan.
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, add butter, dark chocolate ice cream topping, and candy bars.
- Microwave for 4 minutes on 50% power. Stir at 2 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth at the end of 4 minutes. While this is happening... In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the following ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in 3 batches.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Tap pan on counter three times to release air bubbles.
- Place batter in oven and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Take a wooden skewer and poke holes over top of cake.
- Pour chocolate syrup over cake.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut cake when it is completely cool.
NotesServes 12 (each with a big glass of milk)
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More