- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) -- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of your favorite chocolate-covered candy bars (5 to 6 ounces) -- cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed and until mixture looks fluffy and smooth, about 30 seconds. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Stop the mixer and scrape bowl with rubber spatula once during this mixing. Decrease speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing just until flour is incorporated. Gently mix in candy bar pieces.
- Drop batter by large tablespoons on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes, until tops of cookies are light golden. Reverse baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back after 7 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Cool cookies 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove while warm to prevent sticking. Cool on wire racks.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More