Candy Bar Cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate covered candy bar, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed and until mixture looks fluffy and smooth, about 30 seconds.
4. Blend in egg and vanilla extract to butter mixture. (Stop the mixer and scrape bowl with rubber spatula once during this mixing.)
5. Decrease speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing just until flour is incorporated.
6. Gently mix in candy bar pieces.
7. Drop batter by large tablespoons on baking sheets. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, watching to prevent burning.
8. Remove while warm to prevent sticking and cool on wire racks.
Pairs Well With
This recipe is a lot of fun because the flavor of the cookie changes as you change the type of candy bar you use. Snickers, twix (my favorite), peppermint patties, anything!