- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup candy canes (finely crushed)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (granulated)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and the peppermint and vanilla extracts and beat until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour and salt; mix well.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed candy canes and the granulated sugar; mix well.
- Shape the chilled dough into 1-inch balls then roll each ball in the candy cane mixture; place on the baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned.
- Immediately remove from the baking sheets and place on wire racks to cool.
Taste of CenturyLink
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More