- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 36 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 6-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon of red dough into a 6-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks.
NotesKids of all ages will want to pitch in when it comes time to roll the ropes of colored dough for these cute candy canes. Peppermint extract carries the flavor on through, so the cookies taste as good as they look.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More