- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16 servings
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 cups sugar
- * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup cocoa
- * 1 cup vegetable oil
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 2 large eggs
- * 1 cup buttermilk
- * 1 cup hot water
- * 2 teaspoons baking soda
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- * Buttercream Frosting
- Beat first 6 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in buttermilk.
- Stir together 1 cup hot water and baking soda; stir into batter. Stir in vanilla. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Freeze layers 30 minutes. Cut each layer into 8 wedges.
- Pipe frosting on top and sides of cake wedges to resemble candy corn. Using a medium star tip, pipe white frosting on the small end of each cake, yellow frosting on center, and orange on wide end.
NotesSaw this recipe and it so reminds me of my favorite candy for halloween. This looks so moist and tempting.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More