- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup of finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 5 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 TBSP softened unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 (1.4oz) Heath toffee bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1.55oz) Cookies and Cream candy bar, coarsely chopped
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Stir together the crushed cookies and graham crackers along with the melted butter.
- At this point, add more melted butter if necessary.
- You want this mix to be like wet sand and hold together when you pat it in your hand.
- The type of cookies and crackers you use could certainly affect this.
- I happened to use Walker’s Shortbread Cookies and Trader Joe’s Graham Crackers.
- Press the crumb mixture along the bottom of a 14 x 4x 1 tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, softened butter, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in your mixer or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Combine chopped candy in a small bowl, then set aside 1/4 cup.
- Stir the remaining candy into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the crust lined tart pan onto a rimmed cookie sheet or shallow baking pan.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the crust.
- (It will be full so the cookie sheet will help to get it in and out of the oven and catch any drips.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center appears set when shaken and the filling is puffed and golden around the edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved candy.
- Cool on a wire rack for an hour.
- And then cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into strips or squares (or any shapes you desire!)
NotesCrunchy bits of candy atop a sweet cheesecake tart!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Koken met OmaSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce