- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 cup pickling salt
- 2 cups dark dark brown sugar
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- salmon, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix together the water, salt, sugar and syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Add Fish and brine for 24 hours.
- Remove fish and smoke anywhere from 8 hours to 1 1/2 days, depending on your smoker.
- Use the 3/4 cup honey mixed with the 1/4 cup water for basting.
- Don't over smoke or you're going to have jerky!
NotesApple and Cherry woods are great for this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More