- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 50 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup confectioners,sugar
- 3 tbs. milk
- 1/2 cup muticolored candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.Grease 3 baking sheets.Combine butter and ricotta in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.Add vanilla and sugar;beat well.
- Add egg to bowl;mix well.Add flour,baking soda and salt;mix well.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.Bake cookies until lightly golden brown,about 10 minutes.Cool cookies slightly;remove from baking sheets.
- Meanwhile,combine confectioners'sugar and milk in a small bowl with a fork until smooth.Drizzle some icing over each cookie.Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sprinkles.
- variation - For a light citrusy flavor,add a few drops of lemon extract to the icing in step 4. Or if your time is limited,use canned vanilla frosting instead of making homeade.
NotesTip: These soft cookies are an economical way to make use of any leftover ricotta cheese you may want to use in a hurry.You can also use any leftover,well-drained,small curd cottage cheese.