- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8 Qts
- Preparation Time: 45
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 or 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/2 to 6 lbs peeled and sliced apples
- Blend sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with 10 cups water.
- Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add lemon juice and coloring.
- Pack sliced raw apples in quart jars, leaving 1 inch head space.
- Pour hot mixture over apples and seal and process in hot water bath 20 minutes after boiling
NotesA good way to save your apples for all the pies & cakes or a baked apple dish. I like to eat them stright out of the jar. This won 1st place at the Tennessee State Fair.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More