- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans cannellini (white beans) 14-16 oz cans will do
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. + 2 pinches of salt
- 1/2 tsp. mint
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Mix vinegar, pressed garlic, tsp. salt, basil strips, 1/2 of the pepper and onion in a shallow dish and allow to sit. Drain and wash beans in a colander, pat dry. In a salad bowl mix beans, tomatoes, zucchini, lemon juice, rest of pepper, mint and a pinch of salt. Saute minced garlic in olive oil, adding a pinch of salt, paprika and oregano on med-high heat for 2 minutes. Toss bean mixture first with basil-vinegar dressing and then with garlic-olive oil dressing. Add salt and pepper if you think it's still needed. Allow flavors to blend for an hour or two before serving.
- From "Something Delicious This Way Comes: Spellbinding Vegan Cookery begat of Joshua Ploeg" (NW zine)
NotesThis is the best, most flavorful summer salad. Always a surprise for guests, a true hit at barbecues!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Get Fit With Good Food!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More