- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: approximately12 to 14
- Preparation Time: 12
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon blue agave
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon blue agave
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- citron pieces, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- a. Add ingredients (above the line) in the order given. Beat well after each ingredient. Bake 45 to 60 seconds. Shape hot cookies itno cones or roll in cylinders.
- b. Make filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the Ricotta and agave thoroughly, about 10 minutes; chill.
- c. stuff filling into the cookies/shells.
NotesThis is a recipe I learned in school, many years ago. Cannoli are Italian filled cookies. You wouldn't believe what they're filled with, or how delicious they are! They're quite small, too. I've modified it some, because these days, some people may be trying to cut down on sugar. My alternative is, from a cactus. Also for the abc method bakers!
A picture will come later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More