- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 cups cantaloupe---measure than puree
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- Beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla together.
- Cut peeled cantaloupe into 2-inch chunks and puree. Don't puree real smooth, leave it kind of chunky, Like you would when you smash your bananas for banana bread. Add cantaloupe to mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to liquid.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans or will make 5 small loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour for large pans and 35 to 40 minutes for small pans.
NotesI found this recipe on an internet site. Not to sure where. When I make this bread everyone can't believe it has cantaloupe in it! they all want the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More