- 1 Cantaloupe Melon
- Lemon juice
1. Remove the rind and the seeds from the melon, then dice the fruit.
2. Place in a pan with enough water to cover the bottom and prevent burning (about 1/4 cup, if even), and cook until the melon is soft and pulpy.
3. Pass the cooked mix through a sieve or, like me, just purée it with a stick blender until smooth.
4. For every 2 cups of purée, add:
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
-1 cup of sugar
5. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to low, stirring frequently to make sure the sugar is dissolved and the mix does not burn.
6. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the mix sets when tested. It took me about 40 minutes until I liked the consistency.
7. Pour into clean jars and let cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
When I finished, I ended up with a bit less than a pint of cantaloupe butter, so I suppose you can figure about one pint per large cantaloupe.