- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cantaloupe Melon
- Lemon juice
- 1. Remove the rind and the seeds from the melon, then dice the fruit.
- 2. Place in a pan with enough water to cover the bottom and prevent burning (about 1/4 cup, if even), and cook until the melon is soft and pulpy.
- 3. Pass the cooked mix through a sieve or, like me, just purée it with a stick blender until smooth.
- 4. For every 2 cups of purée, add:
- -1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- -1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- -1 cup of sugar
- 5. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to low, stirring frequently to make sure the sugar is dissolved and the mix does not burn.
- 6. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the mix sets when tested. It took me about 40 minutes until I liked the consistency.
- 7. Pour into clean jars and let cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.
Notes(Originally from www.jam-recipes.co.uk)
When I finished, I ended up with a bit less than a pint of cantaloupe butter, so I suppose you can figure about one pint per large cantaloupe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More