- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium cantaloupes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 large apple, cored, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Stir together the yogurt and orange peel. Chill.
- Mix all fruits in a large salad bowl & chill
- At serving time, add the nuts and pour chilled yogurt mixture over fruit, toss, and serve
NotesThis is an old Texas recipe that I have been making for years. It's healthy, cool and pretty. Don't add sugar, the natural sugars in the fruit combine perfectly with the tartness of the yogurt.